On APRIL 1ST, 2017 I am embarking on a 100-day Challenge to Build an Email List from Scratch.
My GOAL is:
Build a list of 1000+ subscribers for my Sugar-Free-Zone.com website.
The CHALLENGE is:
Do it in 100 days.
Today is March 31st. I have NO list at all. Nothing has been set up. I have zero subscribers because I don’t have a list! The END date for this challenge is June 9th.
I will document WHAT I am doing and HOW I am doing weekly for 14 weeks. I will provide you with as much detail as I can so that you can follow along. I will show you the programs, software, plugins and gizmos I am using to achieve my goal.
My Starting Point:
I already have a blog – The Sugar-Free-Zone.com It has been limping along for several years. My friend, Chef Joe Bandler participates on the blog from time to time with cooking equipment suggestions and advice. The problem with this blog is that it makes NO money. In spite of the Amazon links, it is not paying for itself. The website has very little traffic.
My BIG WHY
The reason I am building a list, is to create a following, increase traffic and hopefully within the next six months to a year have revenues that pay for the maintenance of the blog.
The reason I am doing this now is … because of my health. I am diabetic and over the past year have been having health challenges. I have been doing massive amounts of research and am feeling COMPELLED to tell people about it, because the information 99.9% of all doctors give you is WRONG. I want MY voice to be heard. I am not only in the process of CHANGING MY LIFE, but want to help others change their lives too!
Two of my other goals in Gary Ryan Blair’s 100-Day Challenge, are to: Reverse My Diabetes Blood Glucose Numbers and to Exercise Daily. I will be updating those two challenges on the Sugar-Free-Zone.com blog.
What you will see on THIS BLOG POST.
Every week I will update this post with what I have planned for the coming week and what happened “last” week.
Set Up Your List For Success – Week One
*** BE SURE TO BOOKMARK and come back daily. I will be adding links and bits of information to the daily list as I work though it and take screenshots and create instructions and links for you.
Over the years I have set up or maintained over four dozen lists for myself and my clients. I have had the opportunity to use pretty well every Email List Provider out there. My number one choice is Get Response. Here is my review on why I like Get Response so much. Click here for a free 30-day trial and then set aside 30 – 90 minutes per day for setting up up your mailing list system.
I also like Aweber and though MailChimp is one of the top three opt in mail services, I absolutely hate it and recommend that you DO NOT use it.
- Join Get Response — sign up for the 30 day trial (NO credit card necessary)
- Log in
- Set up the new list
- Decide whether or not you will offer a FREE INCENTIVE or if you will simply invite people to join your list. Note, the free incentive helps grow your list faster, it also makes getting traffic easier. You can start with a simple invitation now, and work on creating a freebie which you will add to your sequence later.
- Upload your FREEBIE PDF file to the media files in your Blog/website
- Create a Please Confirm page on your blog/website
- Create a Custom Thank You page that provides a link to your FREE giveaway and leads traffic back into your blog
- Create AutoResponser #0 – that tells subscribers where to go to get their FREE giveaway and that leads back to your blog
- Set up your Subscriber Intake System
- Create Sidebar Signup Panel
- Link everything together
- Ask two or three friends to test ASAP
- Depending on your friends feedback, make changes to your “system,” edit pages and tweek as needed.
You now have a CUSTOM email subscription system that will engage your new subscribers and create traffic back to your blog.
If you are interested in a Sugar Free Lifestyle and want to see my Custom subscription system in action … go to http://sugar-free-zone.com and sign up!
Week Two – Adding Email Subscription Boxes
Over the next week I will be adding Email Subscription Boxes to my website. There are eight places they can be added. I will be deciding what works for me now … and what I will be testing in the next three months. I will be using a sophisticated customer acquisition software to help me capture names and test approaches.
Come back often to check out what I am doing and to follow along and build your own list.