It’s not just about buying a Fiverr Gig
and WAITING for magic to happen …
it’s about MAKING that magic happen!
Here are a few ways that you can increase the effectiveness of any FREE or 99cent day promotions you are running.
Give your book promotion an extra boost by following the actionable items on the checklist below.
Most of them take only one or two minutes.
If you have a Facebook account. Log in and go to
- Find your book and click on LIKE.
- While you are at it, build some good karma and click on a few of your fellow author’s books too.
- Even better than a LIKE … make a comment. (no one will know it is your book)
- Click on SHARE and add the post to your own Facebook feed.
- Write a separate post about your free or 99cent promotion: (This is on your own personal Facebook page)
- Share your promotional efforts with your followers, ask them to help by re-posting, re-pinning and re-tweeting.
- Tell your friends about your blog post on http://proofpositive.com Give them the link to your post and ask them to comment and share on their social networks.
- Log into your twitter account and find your tweets. http://melanierockett.cm/how-to-find-your-tweets/
- Click on “favorite” to boost the visibility of the tweet.
- Retweet the tweet. If you don’t know how to retweet here is a great article with loads of how-to screenshots: http://www.wikihow.com/Retweet
- Log into your Pinterest account.
- Find your book on this board: http://pinterest.com/rockettpower/good-books/
- Like your Book Post.
- Add a comment.
- Repin your book to one of the boards in your own account and add a comment.
- Attract more good Karma by liking a few other books as well.
- Write a short post giving the details and dates of your promotion.
- Write a short post about the marketing steps you are taking to promote your book. For example, you might talk about the fact that you do several Free-day promotions though out the year and if readers want to keep informed, all they have to do is signup for your mailing list.
- Write a post asking your followers to help by adding your links to THEIR Facebook profiles or pages or by repining on Pinterest. Make it easy by providing graphics they can use on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- In your “please help” blog post, be sure to write two to five tweets. Ask your friends to copy/paste and and “tweet it out” to their followers.
Don’t forget to include your links!
- Write a short article about your efforts to promote your book … link to your “How I’m Marketing” blog post on your website.
- Ask your followers to help by adding your links to THEIR Facebook profiles or pages or by repining on Pinterest. You can include tweets, promo blurbs and images IN your newsletter or just send them to your “Please Help” blog post on your website.
- Write a “Please Tweet” newsletter and send out early on the morning of your first promo day. Provide 3 – 5 different tweets your subscribers can send to their audience.
Tweet, Pin and Post EVERY DAY
of your campaign