It’s not just about buying a Promotion Gig
and WAITING for magic to happen …
it’s about MAKING that magic happen!
Here are a few ways that you can increase the effectiveness of any Kindle promotion you are running. If you just do Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest it will take you approximately 10 minutes. If you add on some of the ideas for promoting on your website and in your newsletter it could take one to two hours.
Give your book promotion an extra boost by following the actionable items on the checklist below.
Most of them take only one or two minutes.
FACEBOOK: (2 – 5 minutes)
If you have a Facebook account. Log in and go to
- Find your book and click on LIKE.
- While you are at it, build some good karma and click on a few of your fellow author’s books too.
- Even better than a LIKE … make a comment. (no one will know it is your book)
- Click on SHARE and add the post to your own Facebook profile page or your Fan Page (business page)
- Write a separate post about your free or 99cent promotion: (This is on your own personal Facebook page)
- Share your promotional efforts with your friends, ask them to help by re-posting, re-pinning and re-tweeting.
- Tell your friends about your blog post on http://proofpositive.com Give them the link to your post and ask them to like and share on their social networks.
TWITTER: (2 minutes)
- Log into your twitter account and find your tweets. When I set up your twitter feed I gave you the link to the twitter account where you will find your tweets … just scroll down until you find YOUR tweet.
- Click on “favorite” to boost the visibility of the tweet.
- Retweet the tweet. If you don’t know how to retweet here is a great article with loads of how-to screenshots: http://www.wikihow.com/Retweet
PINTEREST: (3 – 5 minutes)
- Log into your Pinterest account.
- Find your book on this board: http://pinterest.com/rockettpower/good-books/
- Click on LIKE.
- Add a comment.
- Repin your book to one of the boards in your own account and add a comment.
- Attract more good Karma by liking a few other books as well.
Join My Good Books Group Board
I have recently opened the Good Books Board for anyone who subscribes to my newsletter. This means that your book will be seen on multiple accounts and by thousands of people.
You must have a Pinterest account in order to participate. When you join my board, you will be able to post your own books.
Here’s how to join
- Log into your Pinterest Account
- LIKE my account http://pinterest.com/rockettpower
- Email me here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email: In the subject section put “Good Books Membership.”
In the text section please be sure to give me your Pinterest User Name
- Check back on Pinterest in 24 – 36 hours. You will see a message inviting you to join the board. Accept the invitation.
- You’ll also get an email from me outlining the very simple rules of the board and instructions (if you need them) on how to add your book(s) to the board.
- Post your book to the Good Books Board.
- Come back in a few days and post another book.
YOUR WEBSITE (1+ hours)
- Write a short post giving the details and dates of your promotion.
- Write a short post about the marketing steps you are taking to promote your book. For example, you might write about the fact that you do several Free-day promotions though out the year and if readers want to keep informed, all they have to do is signup for your mailing list.
- Write a post asking your followers to help by adding your links to THEIR Facebook profiles or pages or by repining on Pinterest. Make it easy by providing LINKS, copy/paste text blurbs, and graphics they can use on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- In your “please help” blog post, be sure to write two to five tweets. Ask your friends to copy/paste and and “tweet it out” to their followers.
Don’t forget to include your links!
YOUR NEWSLETTER (1+ hours)
- Write a short article about your efforts to promote your book … link to your “How I’m Marketing” blog post on your website.
- Ask your followers to help by adding your links to THEIR Facebook profiles or pages or by repining on Pinterest. You can include tweets, promo blurbs and images IN your newsletter or just send them to your “Please Help” blog post on your website.
- Write a “Please Tweet” newsletter and send out early on the morning of your first promo day. Provide 3 – 5 different tweets your subscribers can send to their audience.
Tweet, Pin and Post EVERY DAY
of your campaign
Three things that make a BIG difference in your book sales
Have you created (and updated) your Author Bio? Yes it makes a difference! Here’s how.
Is your book priced to sell? If your book is over priced, it will kill your sales. Figuring out the most profitable price point for Kindle books.
Triple check your book description. Make sure there are no typos or grammatical errors. Is Your Book Description Doing Its Job?